Wednesday Links: January 19thJan 2011
- Starbucks Starts Accepting Mobile Payments Nationwide – Mobile payments going mainstream. However, this is still barcode scanning. NFC is still some way off.
- The State of Wikipedia – Jimmy Wales narrating the past and the future of Wikipedia. Interestingly they are also opening their first office outside of USA in India! Check 2:41 in the video.
- A Deep Look At The Notion Ink Adam Tablet And Where It’s Going – I sincerely hope this doesn't go the Nano way. This is something of great pride for us and a motivating factor for the future of world class hardware product design in the India.
- Kinect Official Software Dev Kit Coming From Microsoft – Could this be a precursor to the future of human-PC interface in the Windows 8 era?
- What Facebook Should Steal From Microsoft’s Playbook – Some advice for Facebook to ramp up their platform and preempt competition.
- Product Management Is Political. Deal With It. – When there are a lot of different people from different places with different agendas involved, politics is simply a side-effect.