Tuesday Links: January 4thJan 2011
- How Social Networking Has Changed Business – Bill George – An academic view of the impact of social media.
- Facebook Sets the IPO Clock for May 2012 – They pretty much seem to have an IPO every year. But this may be closer to the real date.
- Compete Says Bing’s Combined U.S. Market Share Rose To 29% Last November – The Yahoo search deal may be paying off for Bing. With 30% share it would now be difficult for advertisers to ignore them. But will that help cut the losses?
- Google As A Carrier. It’s Not A Question Of “If They Will”, But Rather “When They’ll Try” – When it is Google nothing seems too surprising anymore.
- A VC: Mobile Economics Will Trend Toward Web Economics – Fred Wilson comments on the rise of the mobile web. This is a world view sans apps and Apple may not like it. However, the change is not expected to be dramatic.
- Trends in Consumers’ Time Spent with Media – The rise and rise of mobile while newspapers and magazines continue to fall. TV is steady while internet is rising slowly. US numbers these. India I believe would be a whole lot different. Internet would be much lower.